Friday, March 14, 2008

USA Wins, Tickets Basically Assured to Nashville

A tough, gritty 1-0 victory over Panama has the USA all but assured a ticket to the semifinals in Nashville. An Eddie Gaven through ball sent Jozy Altidore one on one with the goalkeeper. The Panamanian 'keeper clipped Altidore resulting in a penalty. Freddy Adu converted the penalty for his second goal in as many matches to give the US the vital victory.

With that result in hand, my nerves have finally calmed a bit now that the realization of Nashville will actually occur. Less than a week from today, I'll be touching down in Music City.

The viewing party was chill. It was my first time at Slainte and I have to admit I really enjoyed this bar. It had a good atmosphere, but enough space where we could all sit and enjoy the match. Special shouts to Hoboken16 and Miss Jevanvoo for making the trip out to Slainte as well as my boys US Chant Leader MetroFlip and Fina, both of whom will be making the trip to Nashville. Special thanks to Zeppo for organizing the viewing and picking out a quality place.

I recommend the Blue Moon and the Shepherds Pie. Both were excellent.

A time and place for Saturday's viewing should be decided soon. With the Big East Final on Saturday night, it looks like anything in midtown would be a disaster.

If you have a suggestion, feel free to hit me up in the comments section.

No comments: